Facial & Leg Veins
They are quite the nuisance, aren’t they? Facial and leg veins are bothersome at best, unattractive at worst. Fortunately, with our Cynosure Elite laser treatment, you can make yourself look and feel a whole lot better—often with as little as only one or two visits.
Our Certified Laser Technicians are well trained, we only use state-of-the-art equipment and we hold ourselves to the highest of standards.
What causes unwanted veins?
Red, blue or purple leg and facial veins can be a result of sun exposure, use of oral contraception, hormone therapy, pregnancy, age or they may be due to genetics.
How does laser treatment work?
The Cynosure Elite laser emits a prescribed dose of energy to the vein. The laser “selectively” targets the problem veins while sparing surrounding areas. After treatment, the vein will naturally disappear.
How many treatments are required?
Typically only one or two treatments are required and results can be seen in 3-4 weeks. Treatment time usually varies between 10 and 20 minutes, depending on the size of the area treated. For leg veins additional sessions may be required.
Does it hurt?
The treatment causes only minimal discomfort. Any redness or swelling should be gone within a day and you’ll be able to resume normal activities immediately.
Before and after photos:
- For better results, clients are to avoid sun exposure, tanning beds, tanning creams and sunless tanning lotions for one week prior to treatment and throughout the course of their laser treatment.
- A broad-spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen SPF30 or greater should be applied to the area(s) to be treated whenever exposed to the sun.
- Skin should be void of make-up, creams and lotions prior to treatment.
- Prior to receiving laser treatment clients with a history of herpes or cold sores should receive appropriate treatment.
- For vein treatments do not take aspirin or any blood thinner for at least 1 week prior. Do not discontinue any medications without prior consent from your doctor.
Post-Treatment Vein Care:
- Avoid hot baths/whirlpools for 1 week following treatment.
- Avoid exposure to the sun. Apply sunscreen with a SPF 30 or greater to the area whenever exposure to the sun is unavoidable.
- Avoid exercises that can cause vasodilatation for one week post treatment. Walking is encouraged.
- If makeup is allowed, apply and remove it delicately. Excess rubbing can open the area and increase the chance of scarring.
- Discomfort, such as swelling or redness (lasting from a few hours to a couple of days), can be relieved with acetaminophen or ice packs.
- Follow-up treatments are scheduled at least in 3-4 week intervals.
Call us directly: (781) 631-2090
Hours of Operation
Monday | 10am-4pm (by appointment only)
Tuesday | 9am-8pm
Wednesday | 9am-5pm
Thursday | 9am-5pm
Fri & Sat | 9:00-5:00
Additional hours on request